H x W: 50 in. / 24 in.
Gift of Members of the U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1881
From 1912: The Army and Navy Club, gift of members of the U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1881
This clock has been an ornamental fixture of The Army and Navy Club since the opening in 1912 of the current clubhouse. It was donated by the U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1881, coinciding loosely with their 30th anniversary. The clock face is a white marble disk with carved relief foliage and affixed with bronze Roman numerals. Above the face is a bell mounted on a gilt bronze arch, ornamented with scrolling foliage of laurel leaf and berry branches and a ribbon inscribed “1881 USNA.”